I am a PhD candidate in Electronic & Computer Engineering at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and part of the Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research (CAiRE).
I was born in Perugia, where I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science at the University of Perugia. After that, I moved to Hong Kong, to study for my first Master Degree. Afterwards, I moved back to Italy where I obtained my second Master Degree in Computer Science at the University of Pisa. Currenly, I am back to Hong Kong for my PhD studies at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
My research interests are: Learning to Learn (a.k.a. meta-learning), End-to-End dialogue systems using Memory Augmented Neural Networks, and Multi-Task learning for word and sentence level embeddings.
I am a reviewer for ACL, EMNLP, NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI, NAACL, Journal of Natural Language Engineering and Computer Speech and Languages.
- We are presenting the NeurIPS Tutorial on Conversational AI.
- 4 papers accepted at EMNLP2020 (3 findings and 1 main)
- check out our new DEMO of “The Adapter-Bot: All-In-One Controllable Conversational Model”
- My first blog post: “Language Models as Few-Shot Learner for Task-Oriented Dialogue Systems”
- GO-Explore for text-based games got accepted in IJCAI 2020
- PPLM got accepted in ICLR 2020
- Attention over Parameters won the Best Paper Award at NeurIPS 2019 ConversationalAI Workshop.
- 3 papers accepted at EMNLP2019!
- Our TRADE paper won the Outstanding Paper Award at ACL 2019!